The NEC Micro Safe key features a portable voice recorder, WMA/MP3 player, USB mass storage device, data protection (backup, synchronization, encryption) and system protection by locking your personal computer when the key is unplugged. WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) are formats that compress audio into a very small file while preserving the original sound quality. USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a 'plug-and-play' connection between a computer and an add-on device such as the NEC Micro Safe. With USB you can add a device to your computer without having to add an adapter or having to turn the computer off. It is recommended that the Micro Safe only be used with USB ports that comply with CE standards.
NEC Micro Safe Main Features
- Voice recorder
- WMA/MP3 player
- USB mass storage device (128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB or 2 GB)
- Integrated USB connector
- Superb audio quality
- Data synchronization
- Data encryption
- System locking
- No cable required
- Requires one AAA / LR03 battery (supplied)
- Supports Windows® Me, Windows® 2000, Windows® XP. Note: for Windows Me/2000/XP users, installation of the Micro Safe drivers is required only if you wish to upgrade the firmware of the player. Note: for Windows 2000 users, Windows Service Pack 3 must be installed before installing Micro Safe drivers.
- Supports Windows 98 SE after installation of drivers
NEC Computers International provides technical support for this product. Please consult your product documentation for technical support information.
Contact Information for NEC Computers International branded accessories, peripherals and software can be found here.
Please supply to the manufacturer or publisher details of:
- The product (manufacturer, model, version number, serial number)
- The problem (including any specific error messages)
- Details of your computer and operating system